row of military personnel

You’re just a few steps away!

  1. Complete an Application:
  2. Request Documentation
    • Transcripts
      • Request that your official college, high school or GED transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
      • Request your Joint Services Transcript (JST) be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. You can request it from this link: Joint Services Transcript
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
      • Please submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) provided to you by the Department of Veterans Affairs to the Columbia State Financial Aid Office via mail, in person or via fax (931-540-2793).
    • Test Scores
      • Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
    • Immunization Information
      • If you are a military veteran or classified as active duty military personnel, providing documentation of your military status will exempt you from further proof of immunization.
    • Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
      • The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
  3. Receive Acceptance
    • An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your next steps.

Please note: If you already have a college degree, click more information about eligible program options available to you.

Readmission Requirements for Service Members

In the event an enrolled service member is called to active duty, Columbia State will promptly readmit the service member with the same academic status once notice of absence for service and notice of intent to return is provided to the college’s Admissions Office.  The service must be for more than 30 consecutive days, and the cumulative length of absence must not exceed five years.