Frequently Asked Questions

As a student with a disability leaving high school and entering postsecondary education, will I see differences in my rights and how they are addressed?
May a postsecondary school deny my admission because I have a disability?
Do I have to inform a postsecondary school that I have a disability?
What academic accommodations must a postsecondary school provide?
If I want an academic accommodation, what must I do?
When should I request an academic accommodation?
Do I have to prove that I have a disability to obtain an academic accommodation?
What documentation should I provide?
Who has to pay for a new evaluation?
Once the school has received the necessary documentation from me, what should I expect?
What if the academic accommodation we identified is not working?