Complaints Concerning Accreditation or Violations of State Law

Students or prospective students who wish to file a complaint related to accreditation or regarding violations of state law not resolved at the institution may submit a Student Complaint Form to the Tennessee Board of Regents at 1415 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 340, Nashville Tennessee 37217, or by going on line and filing out the form electronically at

Complaints regarding accreditation can also be made by contacting the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone: 404.679.4500 (

Complaints of Discrimination or Harassment should be submitted to:

Christie Miller
Director of Human Resources/Title VI and Title IX Officer
Columbia State Community College
1665 Hampshire Pike – Pryor 108H
Columbia, TN  38401

Reporting Fraud, Waste or Abuse

Columbia State is committed to the responsible stewardship of resources.  State law requires all public institutions of higher education to provide a means by which students, employees or others may report suspected or known improper of dishonest acts (T.C.A § 49-14-103(a)).  Whether you are a part of departmental management, a faculty or staff member, a student, or interested citizen, we encourage you to report known or suspected fraud, waste, or abuse by employees, outside contractors or vendors.  (T.C.A. § 8-50-116).

Several options are available for reporting. 

Reporting Options 

Columbia State Community College Internal Auditor

TBR System-Wide Internal Audit
(615) 366-4441
TBR Fraud Reporting

State of Tennessee Comptroller’s Hotline for Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Tennessee Fraud Reporting 

VA GI Bill® Feedback System

Veterans, Service members, and eligible dependents may report negative experiences with educational institutions through the online complaint system. The data entered into the system gives the federal government the information needed to identify and address unfair, deceptive, and misleading practices and ensure high quality academic and student support services are available.  Click to access the Feedback System.

Visit Columbia State Policy 01:06:00 Complaint Tracking for further information on filing complaints.