ACCUPLACER® Placement Tests
ACCUPLACER® Placement Test:
The ACCUPLACER® Test is used by Columbia State to determine course placement for entering students. The ACCUPLACER® is NOT a pass/fail instrument but instead determines which courses are best suited to the student’s level of readiness. Students with valid ACT/SAT scores (within 5 years old) are placed according to those results and are not required to take the ACCUPLACER® test.
Students may choose to challenge both ACT and ACCUPLACER® scores. Guidelines:
How to apply:
- In order to register for the ACCUPLACER® exam you must be admitted to the college and screened to take the ACCUPLACER® according to placement guidelines or you must be challenging existing ACT/SAT scores. Contact the Office of Admissions at 931.540.2790 if you have not been screened to take the ACCUPLACER® exam.
First-time students with valid ACT scores (scores acquired within the past five years) receive their academic placement according
to those scores. First-time students with no valid ACT/SAT scores will be required to take the ACCUPLACER® for placement. Students may challenge their ACT/SAT placement by taking the ACCUPLACER® TWO times. Students who place initially with the ACCUPLACER® exam may also challenge those initial results TWO times. The challenge cannot be completed on the same day as the initial testing. Placement will be based on the best scores from all valid placement instruments.
- The challenge fee for ACCUPLACER® testing is $25.00 per session. NON-TBR students pay $25.00 for remote ACCUPLACER® testing. *All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment must be made to Business Services office prior to testing.
Online registration form Dates of exam:
A complete listing of available test dates is available through our online scheduling system
. *STOP! If you are challenging your test scores, please call Testing Services at 931.540.2821 before registering online.
- Free for initial testing for Columbia State students
- $25.00 if challenging valid ACT or previous ACCUPLACER® scores. The cost is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- $25.00 for NON-TBR remote ACCUPLACER® testing.
Scores are available the same day as the exam and are valid for 5 years. ACCUPLACER® requirements and placement scores are established by Tennessee Board of Regents guidelines.
Study guides are available in Testing Services, Jones Student Center, room 162 on the Columbia campus and at the campus location nearest you.
Need help preparing for the ACCUPLACER®? The links below may help: Next Generation ACCUPLACER Testing: Next Generation Writing Next Generation ACCUPLACER Testing: Next Generation Reading
Next Generation ACCUPLACER Testing: Next Generation Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics Free ACCUPLACER web-based study app http://algebrahelp.com
(reading, writing, math and study skills) http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/index.htm