After admission to the program a student must meet the following conditions to remain eligible for continuation:
- Maintain a passing grade of "C" or better in all nursing courses.
- Maintain satisfactory performance in all clinical laboratory assignments.
- Earn a grade of "C" or better in each required science and math course.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00 for each semester.
- Maintain professional conduct in the classroom and clinical laboratory.
- Maintain BCLS certification.
- Submit annual TB skin test results to Health Science/Nursing office.
- Verification of health insurance.
Note: Students completing existing curriculum who are unsuccessful in either a theory or clinical course will be required to register for both theory and clinical courses regardless of the grades previously earned.
Students who fail to meet the continuation requirements stated above are academically unsuccessful in the nursing program and ineligible to continue. Students who are academically unsuccessful in the program may be qualified to continue taking courses at Columbia State but will not be permitted to register in nursing courses without readmission to the program.