Tutoring at the Teaching & Learning Center
Don’t wait! TLC tutoring is FREE and offered to all students currently enrolled at Columbia State. Come in early and often and find your place in the TLC! General Tutoring Appointment Policy
About Our Tutors
- Tutoring appointments are encouraged; however, we do accept walk-ins as the schedule allows.
- Individual appointments are typically 30 minutes.
- Be on time.
- Students are expected to participate in the tutoring session.
- Scheduled appointments are limited to one hour per subject.
- Some group tutoring may be offered, depending on need.
- Appointments can be made from week to week but no more than one week in advance.
- If an appointment is made and later needs to be cancelled, please email us or call one of the contact numbers below. (Please give as much notice as possible so that other students can be scheduled during those times.)
- Students who consistently miss appointments without notification could lose their tutoring privileges for the semester.
- Writing tutors do not EDIT papers.
The TLC staff is comprised of professional and student tutors, Peer Leaders, student volunteers and Columbia State faculty. All tutors are trained to provide appropriate assistance.