- Tutoring is a FREE service provided by the college.
- Tutoring is offered to currently enrolled Columbia State students.
- Tutoring sessions are 30 minutes in length. You may schedule up to one hour if the schedule allows.
- Check the Tutoring Schedule for availability and times of tutors per campus.
- Be on time and be prepared with your questions.
- Please let us know if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment so we may serve other students at that time.
- You can schedule your appointment by clicking the button below or by emailing email@example.com. You may also cancel or reschedule appointments through the Appointment Plus system.
About our tutors
- The TLC staff has full-time and part-time tutors including professionals, peer tutors, and Columbia State faculty.
- All tutors participate in formal training to ensure consistent and well-prepared help.
General Tutoring Appointment Policy
- Tutoring appointments are available, however we do accept walk-ins as the schedule allows.
- Individual appointments are typically 30 minutes.
- Some group tutoring may be offered, depending on need.
- Appointments can be made from week to week but no more than one week in advance.
- If an appointment is made and later needs to be cancelled, please email us or call one of the contact numbers below. Please give as much notice as possible so that other students can be scheduled during those times.
- Students who consistently miss appointments without notification will lose their tutoring privileges completely for the semester.
- For all Franklin tutoring appointments call 615-790-5670.
- For Columbia and all other extended campuses call 931-540-1302.
MATH tutoring appointment policy: Due to the high demand for math tutoring, a student is only allowed to schedule two 30-minute appointments per week. Additional appointments will be walk-in availability only.
SCIENCE tutoring policy: Group appointments are encouraged and may exceed the individual session time limit.
WRITING tutoring policy: Writing tutors do not EDIT papers. Students must make an appointment and are expected to participate in the tutoring session.
Writing Referral Form for faculty and staff when referring students for tutoring in writing/reading.
Any questions regarding Appointment Polices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.