As part of Columbia State’s ongoing effort to safeguard students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency, the College has implemented a new emergency communications system known as ChargerNet Alerts. The system allows students, faculty and staff to receive time-sensitive emergency messages in the form of email, voice and text messages.
Please take a few minutes and follow the steps below to verify your information and start receiving notifications.
- Login into your myCN account.
- Click the link on the home tab, under the general announcements.
- Enter your ChargerNet username & password.
This is where you will edit contact information and add as many additional phone numbers and email addresses as you need. Select the drop down menu labeled "Contact Type" to categorize your selection by Home Phone, Work Phone, Cell Phone or Email.
- Enter your phone number, beginning with the area code, followed by your extension number if you have one.
- Select a "Comment" to personalize your selection.
- If you would like emergency notifications only, be sure to check the box provided.
- For cell phone, check the box provided, indicating your preference for a text message or voicemail. If you would like to receive text messages, it is important to select cell phone versus home or work phone.
- Click the "add" icon when finished with each entry.
- Don't forget to enter any email addesses for which you would like to receive notification, categorize as mentioned, and be sure to indicate "emergency only" if you would like.
- To add additional contact information, please repeat the previous steps.
Select the pencil icon on the right in order to edit your selection. To delete:
Select red delete icon on far right to remove a contact.
Step 3 Join a campus group.
- Click the dropdown menu under your groups.
- Choose the campus for which you would like to receive notifications. If you commute to more than one campus, you may choose as many campuses as apply to you.
- After selecting each campus, click the blue save icon to the right of the dropdown menu.
Select red delete icon on the far right to remove a campus.
Everyone who has a Columbia State e-mail address will receive emergency alerts to their campus e-mail address. In order to receive text and voice message alerts, all members of the campus community will be asked to provide phone contact information. While participation in the text and voice messaging notification is optional, enrollment is strongly encouraged
. The information you supply is considered confidential and will NOT be shared or used for other purposes. You will only be contacted through the system in the event of an emergency.