The Teaching and Learning Center
"I love the TLC. Every college deserves this."
Deborah, nursing student
Success is a team effort. The Teaching and Learning Center's dedicated and professional staff, along with Peer Leaders, student volunteers, and Columbia State faculty, work together to assure student success. Tutoring:
- The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is an open learning environment designed to provide students with free tutoring in math, writing, and science.
- The TLC offers workshops in calculator use, math, writing, Health Sciences, and more.
- We also offer assistance with study skills, note-taking and time management.
- Students have the opportunity to work individually or study in groups in a friendly atmosphere.
We exclusively house the academic software programs used by our Health
Science majors: Radiology, Respiratory, Nursing and Vet. Tech.
TLC also supports other programs and software that including: MyMathLab, MathXL,
MyWritingLab, MyReadingLab, Online Campus, ChargerNet, Microsoft Office,
- iPad technology is now available in the Columbia and Franklin TLCs. iPad applications enhance tutoring during individual and group sessions. All iPads will be used under tutor supervision.