- Associate of Science (A.S.) - Students major in "General Transfer" with an emphasis in a program or course of study. This degree is intended for students who plan to move on to a four-year university and earn a bachelor's degree next.
- Associate of Art (A.A) - This degree is the same as an A.S., but includes six additional foreign language credits. Ideal for graduates who will move on to complete liberal arts degrees at a four-year university, as most of those programs will require foreign language credits.
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) - This degree is aimed at individuals who need or want a college degree, but probably will not be seeking or do not require a bachelor's degree. This degree is popular with individuals looking to enter the workforce, or are currently in the workforce and seeking promotion. Students major in their program or course of study, unlike the A.S. and A.A.
- Associate of Science in Teaching (A.S.T.) - This is a special degree for those seeking employment in the elementary education field (grades K-6). This is the first half of the path to that goal. A four-year degree will be required to acquire a teaching license. Columbia State has transfer agreements with Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU).
- Get Your Bachelor's Degree Through Columbia State - Columbia State's University Center coordinates degree plans with four-year institutions, to provide students with seamless pathways to continue their education beyond the two-year degrees offered at Columbia State. The center also coordinates the Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) at Columbia State. Check out our Program-To-Program Agreements and more!
- Regents Online Degree Programs (R.O.D.P.) - Columbia State Community College has joined with the other Tennessee Board of Regents Institutions in offering Regents Online Degree Programs in Early Childhood Education, General Studies (University Parallel), Professional Studies, Information Technology, Web Technology, Web Page Authoring (Certificate).
Technical Certificates - Columbia State offers career-entry technical certificates in several areas, such as Business Mangement, Commercial Music - Multimedia for Songwriters, Commercial Performance, Early Childhood Education, EMT-Paramedic and Film Crew Technology.