Why Recruit Through Columbia State?
Columbia State is Tennessee’s first community college, with five campuses and offering more than 50 programs of study. Every year hundreds of students and recent graduates either join the workforce in their field or transfer to a four-year college or universities to continue their studies.
We would like to encourage your company/organization to post career opportunities and paid internships with the Columbia State Career Services Office. Consider recruiting from our pool of students and recent graduates as we collectively engage them in career planning and long-term attachment to the workforce.
Columbia State Community College offers both classroom and online instruction to over 5,000 students per semester. We serve both traditional and non-traditional students within a nine-county service area in southern Middle Tennssee. Our campuses include Columbia, Williamson County, Lawrence County, Lewisburg and Clifton.
Career opportunities and paid internships based on the skill levels of college students and recent graduates as well as postings consistent with our non-traditional students re-entering the workforce would be gladly embraced in the career development process.
We also hope to include your company/organization in future career days, job fairs, and on-site employer meetings as our Career Services Office engages students and recent graduates in workforce development activities.
The types of degrees and certificates awarded include the following:
- Associate of Science (AS) degrees (general transfer degree, does not require foreign language courses)
- Associate of Art (AA) degrees (general transfer degree, requires foreign language courses)
- Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degree (teaching K-6)
- Associate of Fine Arts in Music (AFA) degree
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees (career-entry programs)
- Technical Certificates (TC) (skills upgrade or to prepare for licensure)
to view a complete list of current programs offered by Columbia State Community College.
Your consideration of Columbia State Community College students and recent graduates is greatly appreciated.