Are You a…
Transient College Student?
Definition: You are currently attending another college or university and are interested in taking a few courses with us to be transferred back to your current college or university.
Just because you're away from your current college or university campus doesn't mean you can't pick up some course credits. Keep progressing toward a degree by taking a course or two from any of Columbia State's five Middle Tennessee campuses. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Transient Student Approval Form
- Request that your current college or university complete our Transient Student Approval Form be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment (by mail or fax).
- Immunization Information
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR) form for all exceptions.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.