Are You a…
Definition: You have attended another college and are interested in receiving a degree with us.
Not every college career ends on the same campus it begins. Goals change, priorities shift and what seemed the right fit initially can over time prove less so. No matter the reason, we’re happy you’re looking at Columbia State as the next step in your college education.
READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Request that your official high school or GED transcripts, as well as transcripts from each college attended, be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Request test scores if needed for course prerequisites or specific programs such as Nursing, Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology or Veterinary Technology.
- Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Immunization Information
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR) form for all exceptions.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.