Are You an…
Definition: You are interested in taking some courses with us without receiving college credit but want to participate in the class to learn.
For some, learning is less about the credit hour and more about keeping the mind agile. For those, Columbia State is happy to provide the opportunity to brush up on a favorite subject or explore a new one while otherwise attending to the families, careers and other activities that make up the daily routine. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
Classes that are audited or taken for credit are assessed at the same tuition rate.
- Complete an Application, either:
- Paper (can be printed or picked up at any of our 5 campus locations)
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.
(Note: In addition to the normal application process, a student who wishes to audit a course must obtain approval of the dean of the academic division in which the course is offered. Approval is granted on an individual class basis according to available space and is limited to unrestricted classes.)