Are You An...
Definition: You are 25 or older and are interested in earning a degree with us.
Going to college as an adult likely means that school will be just one of the many responsibilities you’ll juggle. Columbia State offers a variety of majors and for-credit and non-credit courses with flexible class schedules that make it easy (well, easier) to get a great education while managing work, family and home. And, you will not be alone – more than 30% of our students are adults over 25. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Request that your official high school or GED transcripts, as well as transcripts from any college attended, be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Immunization Information
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR) form for all exceptions.
- If you are a military veteran or classified as active duty military personnel, providing documentation of your military status will exempt you from further proof of immunization.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.
- Sign Up for Right Start Orientation
- If you are a First Time Freshman or a new Transfer student, the most important aspect of getting started at Columbia State is to make sure that you attend a Right Start Orientation. This orientation is designed to make sure you have all the information you need in order to find your way around, get into the right classes in the right sequences and that you learn about all of the resources that are available to help you succeed