Film Crew Technology
Dreaming of a career in film?
The actors and directors may get the lion’s share of the fame, but the majority of work on a motion picture is done by the technicians who help take it from make-believe to end credits. The film crew technology program allows students to learn the necessary skills to find success working as crew technicians in film and video.
The Film Crew Technology program is located at Columbia State's Williamson County Campus. The program is a high intensive 12 month certificate program instructed on a California Industry standard.
The advisory board for the FCT Program is comprised of outstanding professionals both locally and nationally as well as members of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees).
- Announcing the addition of the ARRI Alexa camera!
- The ARRI Alexa camera is one of the highest camera technologies in the world.
- Films such as Gravity, Skyfall, Captain America: The Winter Solider, Thor: The Dark World, Life of Pi and Iron Man 3 were filmed with this camera.
- Columbia State's film crew technology program is one of only three colleges in North America that offer this technology to undergraduate students.
- Students receive training in electrical (lighting), grip, art department, HD Cinematography and sound and post-production (non-linear editing using Final Cut Pro).
- Only program in Tennessee with a professional grip/electric truck and camera crane.
- Program features the latest technology and techniques.
- Staffed by working motion picture professionals.
- Over 14 awards in the 48Hrs Film Challenge including Best in Genre, Best Cinematography Overall, and Audience Award.
- Students and/or graduates have worked on EVERY major film production in Tennessee since 2009, including ABC's Nashville.
Space is very limited, apply now!
For more information, please provide your contact information below.