Columbia State is a two-year college, serving a nine-county area in southern Middle Tennessee with locations in Columbia, Franklin, Lawrenceburg, Lewisburg and Clifton. As Tennessee’s first community college, Columbia State is committed to increasing access and enhancing diversity at all five campuses. Columbia State is a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents, the sixth largest higher education system in the nation. Feel free to browse ColumbiaState.edu for more information.
Get the Updates...
Get the Facts...
- We have FIVE locations throughout Southern Middle Tennessee.
- Our retention and transfer rates are among the highest in the state.
- We are accredited by the same agency as Vanderbilt University and the University of Tennessee.
- More than 85% of our faculty hold advanced degrees.
- We award more than $10 million in financial aid each year.
- We are Tennessee’s first and oldest community college, est. 1966.
Get the Degree...
Columbia State offers more than 50 areas of study and has friendly faculty and staff who care that you have a good college experience. Get a degree that can take you straight into the workforce or get a degree that can transfer to the college or university of your choice. GET IT HERE.
Columbia State Community College is Tennessee’s first two-year college, with five convenient campuses and offering more than 50 programs of study. Every year hundreds of students graduate, and either join the workforce in their field or move on to a four-year school.
Columbia State offers both online and in-class courses, in both credit and non-credit formats. Columbia State is part of the TJCCAA sports association, and has nationally-recognized baseball, softball and basketball teams. The college is also home to popular Middle Tennessee arts venues, such as the Cherry Theatre and the Pryor Art Gallery.
If you’re a prospective student, visit Why Columbia State?