Columbia State is committed to insuring that everyone is able to access classes and supporting materials to become successful students, faculty and staff.
If you need assistance in accessing a classroom, alternative formats for textbooks or any other assistive devices, to help you in the classroom and on our campuses or website, please contact our office of Disability Services
We strive to make our website as accessible as possible, and to be in compliance with general web standards as well as the requirements of Section 508
Here is a short checklist of simple methods that we employ to make our websites more accessible:
- All images feature “alt” text describing the image being used.
- Images and colors are not used as sole conveyors of information.
- Web pages are organized and coded hierarchically and the information presented is readable without a style sheet.
- Web forms use proper HTML tags to indicate form elements.
- Tables are used for presentation of data only (not for layout). When used, tables have appropriate column and/or row headers.
- Videos embedded within our website should have synchronized captions.
We are also beginning to take advantage of the flexibility of HTML5 and CSS3. Using HTML5 and CSS3, we look towards a “responsive design,” intended to make the information on our site more readily accessible to visitors using mobile devices.