Applying For A Federal Direct Stafford Loan
In order to apply for a Federal Direct Loan at Columbia State Community College:
- You must have a valid FAFSA on file.
- If selected for verification, the verification process must be completed by the Office of Financial Aid.
- You must be determined eligible for Federal Title IV assistance by the Office of Financial Aid.
In order to receive a Federal Direct Loan at Columbia State Community College, you must complete a Columbia State Direct Loan Request Form for the applicable term(s) for which you are applying.
For a Direct Loan Request Form, CLICK HERE.
Please print and complete the Request Form.
Here are some important reminders when filling out the Direct Loan Request Form:
- Please print legibly and use blue or black ink. DO NOT FILL OUT YOUR LOAN REQUEST IN PENCIL.
- Make sure you do not leave any section of the Request Form blank.
- If a section does not apply to you, please write “N/A” in the space provided.
- Please read the Direct Loan Request Form carefully and follow all instructions given.
Failure to follow all instructions or provide all requested information will delay the processing of your request form by the Office of Financial Aid.
Once completed, you may submit the Request Form to the Office of Financial Aid directly via mail, fax or submit it to our office in person. If you attend an extended campus, you may submit your Request Form to the appropriate front office staff and they will send it to us on your behalf.