Membership in Phi Theta Kappa
An invitation to membership is extended to those students who achieve the GPA—usually 3.5—required by the chapter on the campus where they are enrolled, who have accumulated the number of hours required by the college to designate full-time status, and who enjoy full rights of citizenship.
Membership for Beta Kappa Theta is $80. This is a one-time fee that includes international and regional fees.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa brings with it a host of benefits:
- $37 million in scholarships for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of over 2.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,270 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa’s anthology, Nota Bene
The meaning behind the symbols:
Phi Theta Kappa uses the Greek symbols Φ (Ph), Θ (Th) and Κ (K) which are the initials of three mystic Greek words meaning phronimon (Phi), thumos (Theta), katharotes (Kappa) and meaning “wisdom,” “aspiration,” and “purity.”
For more information on Phi Theta Kappa, visit their website at www.ptk.org